Vision: To increase the capacity of BYU students, faculty, alumni, and friends of the University to positively influence and participate in domestic and international affairs.
Mission: BYUPAS will help its members acquire the skills necessary to succeed in domestic and international political affairs by building critical networks, increasing public policy and political awareness through non-partisan educational opportunities, pursuing moral and ethical leadership in politics and government, and creating opportunities to become involved in applied politics.
BYUPAS will fulfill its mission through:- Reaching out to alumni and friends working in the field of applied politics, faculty and other University personnel who are involved in political and public policy research and instruction, and students interested in exploring careers in this field in order to create an informed and involved network of industry professionals.
- Striving to keep Society members informed of political events, in tune with key policy changes, and in touch with important political and public policy leaders.
- Utilizing successful online communication strategies to help Society members stay informed.
- Offering instruction on successful networking strategies to aid Society members in effectively growing their personal capital.
- Providing educational opportunities in the fields of public policy formation, grassroots advocacy, lobbying, campaign management, Congressional relations, domestic and international studies, regulatory management, state governance, government and political public relations.
- Connecting ethically-minded and service-oriented BYU students, alumni, faculty and friends to a network of like-minded individuals across the world.